Image Map

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Intimidating Common Core...



Mastery Connect has created a Common Core Standards app that is exactly what I have been needing to help me for the upcoming school year.  So why post about it now?  I'm not sure about you, but I always think that I'm going to try to be more organized and efficient in the fall, and I'm going to work on things over the summer.  Who am I kidding?  I NEVER get anything like that done. Summer slips away from me, and suddenly it's fall, but after seeing this app, I'm confident that I will be more proactive this time around!

No matter what your opinion of the Common Core, for most of us, it is a reality.  I know what I do is aligned to the Common Core, but I'm not usually able to accurately articulate how or give any additional specifics.  I get too overwhelmed trying to sort through everything.  Very overwhelmed.  I try to write IEP to individualize student needs, support what is going on in the classroom for EACH student in EACH content area for EACH classroom, AND align everything to the Common Core.  What????  I think this the app will help me to be more successful (along with some creative organization, too) for several reasons:

1.  I can find a standard in three clicks/taps.  This app breaks down the Common Core by content (Math-Traditional, Math-Integrated, Language Arts, History/Social Studies, and Science and Technical Subjects),


grade level,


and then standard.



2.  The standards are concise and easy to understand.
3.  It takes a matter of seconds for me to access a standard.
4.  There is a link to additional resources for Math, Language Arts, ELL Application, and SPED Application which can also be found here and here.



5.  It is user friendly and in once place!

I hope you find this app useful.  I certainly have already!


No comments:

Post a Comment