Image Map

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Book of the Week: Hop on Pop

Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss


This book has been H-O-T in my house this week.  My daughter loves this book because she is "reading," AKA rocking the rhyming words!  I love that she loves books.  I love that she loves to rhyme.  I love that she loves to "read."  The speech-language pathologist nerd in me is shrieking with phonological awareness glee!  (Phonological awareness are skills that develop in later preschool years; it includes the awareness of rhymes, awareness that sentences can be broken down into words, syllables, and sounds, as well as the ability to manipulate sounds.  It is an important predictor of spelling, reading, and writing skills.)

This week I struggled with generating meaningful vocabulary and comprehension questions because I was so focused on the rhyming piece.  So this week, the book of the week is a little different; I created a Dr. Seuss-inspired rhyming game.  


Included is a game board, 72 receptive and expressive game cards, and two rhyming certificates.  The game cards were created for students who are different stages in their rhyming abilities: students who are working on discriminating whether or not two words rhyme and others who are working on generating rhyming words. 





I am so excited to use this more during the summer with my daughter.  I hope you find it useful, too!

We are offering it for FREE for the next 48 hours.  You can grab it here at our TPT store.  It's also a small thank you to our now 200 followers!





No comments:

Post a Comment