Image Map

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Not Just Your Average School Supplies

It's August, and that can only mean one thing in MN when you work in a school...school supplies! We don't start until the day after Labor Day, but they're everywhere!  This year, my daughter starts kindergarten, and I start the year on maternity leave,  It's an odd way to start the school year, so I figured, why not post about "odd" school supplies.  It keeps life interesting...

SPROUT PENCILS
Available
at Amazon
and
Sprout
World
These plantable pencils were developed by three students from MIT to create more sustainable office products.  The pencils are made out of sustainable wood with a dissolvable end capsule containing seeds for vegetables, herbs, or flowers.  I'm totally ordering these, and in all honesty, I'm not sure if I'm ordering them!  Check out this video about Sprout Pencils!




DRAW IT YOURSELF CALCULATOR
Start with a blank, writeable surface, and turn your calculator into your own, personal creation!
Available at Amazon and 2Shopper

BENDABLE PENCILS
I can't think of a cooler and more functional fidget for students!
Available at Amazon and Oriental Trading

NOSE PENCIL SHARPENER
I think this is so gross, but I know it would probably be a hit with my friends if I was 30 years younger!  Imagine what your friends would say when they see you start to sharpen your pencil and then leave the shavings behind...
Available at Amazon and Oriental Trading

PENCIL FIDGETS
More pencils, but they are so fun and functional!  Check out these pencil fidgets.  I think I may benefit from using these pencils, too.  I hope that the students will be able to keep better track of their pencils when using these.  They could be a great motivator, too!

Available at Amazon and Therapy Shoppe
ZIPPER and LUCKY SPROUT BOOKSMARKS
These super fun bookmarks would also be great motivators for students-a nice addition to the coveted "prize" box.  They are a tad expensive for a set of three, but they may be that extra little motivator your students need.  A nice (and cheaper) alternative are Lucky Sprout Bookmarks.  I love the hint of luck that goes with them!

Available at Amazon and Peleg Design
Available at Amazon and Fred and Friends
LEGO® BACKPACK
All students need backpacks and most kids love those little square building thingies, so why not go for the backpack, too?
Available at Amazon and thefamilybrick.com

RAINBOW HIGHLIGHTERS
These red, yellow, green and blue highlighters are not only colorful, but they are entertaining as well.  Highlighters and a brain break all in one!
Available at Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment