Image Map

Monday, January 16, 2017

Book Of The Week: I Am Martin Luther King, Jr.

I Am Martin Luther King, Jr. by Brad Meltzer


If there was one person who I could meet, it would be Martin Luther King, Jr.,  hands down.  Every time January rolls around, I get so excited and passionate about incorporating him and his work into my lessons before and after the third Monday of January and in to February for Black History Month, so I thought it was only fitting to post this book by Brad Meltzer. 
This book shares about the life and work of Martin Luther King, Jr. and sends a message that everyone can be a hero.  The illustrations by Christopher Eliopoulos give a comic-book like feel while maintaining the integrity of King's life.



Need ideas for activities?  Teach Junkie has some helpful ones. Included are writing prompts, videos, play dough activities, character traits, poems and quotations, and much more!

You an also check out our MLK activity pack here which is on sale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment