Image Map

Monday, September 1, 2014

Let's Do This!

Tomorrow, nearly 2,000 students will walk through our building doors.  For the next next nine months, 170 days, 1, 275 hours, and 76,750 minutes, I am responsible for student learning and achievement.  It is a daunting, challenging, and most rewarding task ever, and I am ready to take it on!  I always feel energized at the beginning of the year.  There is so much comaradery, the excitement of new possibilities, and the anticipation of making a difference.  But sometime around November/Decemberish, I start to feel a little less energized, which is the reason I want to post this now.  When that time of year rolls around, I can remind myself of my purpose and why I am important.

Sir Ken Robinson is from Liverpool, England, currently residing in Los Angeles, CA  He is an author, speaker, and international advisor on education, and his educational vita is beyond extensive.   He shares his thoughts about student engagement, suggesting the learning process can be individualized by offering a diverse curriculum and implementing creative teaching through the use of highly qualified teaching and teacher development.  We appreciate his way of thinking in that avoiding conformity and compliance we can foster creative approaches to learning.

"Education is personal process.  It's a human heart, it's a process to learn, it's a human mind that is responding their own personal experiences."  And he goes on to share more, much more in only two minutes.  We hope you are intrigued with what he has to say as much as we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment