Image Map

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Currently: June

It's officially day #2 of summer break for me, and my world has not been this happy in a long time!  It was a crazy, adventurous, and challenging year, but the relationships with students as well as the academic and social growth of students was all worth it!

We are linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her "Currently" linky party.  She is supporting  the Wimberley Adoption Group (WAG) after their devastating flood.  If you would like to donate, please visit her blog and click on the donate button.  Every dollar helps!


LISTENING: I love the silence when my daughter is napping.  Hearing the AC run, a car driving down the street, the neighborhood kids laughing, or a dog barking is a reminder how lucky I am to do what I do and have a bit of time to myself during the summer.

LOVING:  I love, love, love hanging out with my daughter ALL summer.  Swinging at the park never gets old, neither does baking cookies or watering flowers.  How much luckier could a person be?

THINKING: Is it crazy that I'm already thinking about next year?  I'm sure some of you already are, and some of you don't even want to think about it for a very long time!  Whatever works for everyone, right?

WANTING: I really want to be outside all day today!  It's so beautiful...the sun is shining, no humidity, and there's a light breeze.  It's a perfect day for planting flowers or going for a bike ride!

NEEDING:  Every summer lands us in St. Louis so we can visit my husband's family.  Trying to coordinate schedules with everyone and make sure we take in every site we can is a little bit trying.  We never miss the elephants at the St. Louis zoo, though.  That's a must in my daughter's book!

SUMMER LOVIN': No alarms to be set, an afternoon cup of coffee, finding garage-sale treasures, and organizing closets and toys are the little things about summer that I love.  

3 comments:

  1. Ahh...no alarms! That is the best feeling ever! Enjoy your summer and all of your travels!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am already thinking about next year too. I think it's a natural teacher's instinct. I always say that I think I would like year-round school if we had 3 day (and occasionally 4 day) weekends to refresh. I have always wanted to go to St. Louis. It sounds like such a fun city. I'll make it there one day.

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother was a HUGE garage sale fan! She'd shop early to get the best stuff, and always hosted her own every summer to make her "Christmas money!" Continue to enjoy the special time with your daughter and your family!
    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second

    ReplyDelete