Image Map

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Zaption for Speech, Language and Pragmatics.



We are just a few days into summer, but it gives me some time to write some posts that have been sitting as draft ideas. A few months ago I learned about Zaption a fantastic video editing tool that can be used with videos from around the web (PBS, National Geographic, Youtube) or with your own videos. You create a "tour" with a video and then are allowed to add captions, questions, other clips or pictures together to create your own unique learning "tour" or formative assessment. It can be used to introduce content, test content or further learning. I love, love, love Zaption, as it eliminates the pop-ups (like on youtube) and allows you to shorten clips (to eliminate extra or inappropriate content.) It also eliminates the video ads that also may not be appropriate to show in the classroom.



How do you use it?

This is a screen shot of their webpage. You will need to start with the orange JOIN FREE button in the bottom left to create a user name/login. You could also press the WATCH A QUICK DEMO button on the bottom right to learn how to put together your first "Tour." The quick demo shows you everything you need to become the Zaption pro you were meant to be:)


What else I've learned about Zaption:

There are two versions, a free version and a paid version (roughly $75 a year). I have only used the free version thus far, but LOVE it! I believe the paid version allows a teacher greater control with data tracking and greater editing ability (putting two videos together, adding their own photos etc).

Zaption App: 

Zaption also has a viewing app on iTunes, but can also be streamed on android tablets by going to their website. I currently work with a district that offers all students 1:1 technology with every student having a iPad to utilize. All of my students have been able to view my video tours through the app or by sending them an email link.

My Sample Tours: 


Reading Response or Language Questions:
http://zapt.io/tp6nm3f3

Analyzing Social Scenarios:
http://zapt.io/t9mgqqsh

Articulation/Rating Speech:


After watching the tours all 25 of my students who used it, liked it!  I hope you and your students also love Zaption. Have more Zaption Questions? Click here for their FAQs page.



No comments:

Post a Comment